The easiest (and most delicious) healthy cookie you’ll ever eat.
This is the very first recipe I ever came up with, way back when I was still in school for Holistic Nutrition. I had a craving for cookies but, as my kitchen was 100% guilt free (no fun food zone), I didn't have ingredients to make anything bad. Now I've loosened up a bit, so much so that you could even find *gasp* regular 'ol flour in my kitchen. But back then I had to use the resources I had. The end results are some of the tastiest, healthiest cookies I've ever eaten (if I do say so myself). So check out what you have kicking around in your kitchen and whip up a batch of these super nutrient packed scrumptious cookies.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried fruit (blueberries, raisins...etc)
- 1 cup seeds (pumpkin, sunflower…. ect)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds...etc)
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Sea salt to taste
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- ½ cup melted virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup chocolate chips *optional
- 1 “flax egg”
- 1tsp vanilla